If you are suffering from Irritable Bowel syndrome (IBS) or other digestive dysfunction:
- IBS usually features irregular or painful elimination, including constipation, diarrhea, or both…
- and/or pain or dis-comfort from chronic gas or bloating, cramping, heartburn or reflux.
- Your symptoms may correlate with food (and perhaps you suspect Food Sensitivites, Food Intolerance, or Food Allergies).
- Or you may have the more serious level: Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, such as Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac Disease.
- IBS & IBD often co-exist with symptoms that point to Leaky Gut Syndrome:
- Skin Conditions, such as Eczema, Psoriasis, acne
- Respiratory conditions, such as chronic sinus infections, Asthma
…and/or Women’s Hormone imbalances, such as:
- Pre-menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- painful period cramps (aka Dysmenorrhea) that interfere with your life, or cause you to resort to pain relievers you’d rather avoid
- menopausal symptoms (like hot flashes)
Help & Relief are Available! My mission is to help you achieve…
- Freedom from pain and discomfort
- Freedom from worrying about eating with other people, because of fear about how your body reacts
- Freedom to focus on your life, not your symptoms
- Ability to sleep through the night without hot flashes soaking your sheets
- Energy to pursue what you’re truly meant to do with your life
- Peace of mind that comes with a healthy body
…via my naturopathic approach:
- Discovering food sensitivities and healing digestion (including “Leaky Gut Syndrome,” a.k.a Intestinal Permeability)
- Uncovering and correcting gut flora imbalance, including Candida and other dysbiosis
- Uncovering and correcting hormonal imbalance (more effectively and more safely than hormone replacement, including bio-identical hormones)
- Educating you about whole-foods nutrition
- Cleaning up internal toxicity (including from external sources – also called Environmental Medicine)
You’ll find all over the internet people claiming this drug or that supplement cures IBS. I’ve seen no magic cure, either by drug or supplement. The naturopathic approach is not about suppressing your diarrhea with an anti-diarrheal medication, promoting elimination with some supplemental fiber, or even just about taking a probiotic. Unfortunately, IBS is more complicated than that. Fundamentally it’s a problem of weak digestion. When your gastrointestinal tract is weak, you don’t digest your food properly, absorb your nutrients properly, and/or eliminate normally. For people who are ready to do some work (because my method is beyond just popping a pill), I can help you identify the nutritional program that works best for you, and prescribe herbs, nutrients, and homeopathics that will strengthen your digestive system, to get it working again.
The same dynamic tends to happen around menstrual cramps: some natural pain-relief remedy is touted as the magic answer. I’m all for herbal pain-relievers as compared to drugs like ibuprofen (and bigger). However, there’s a better way! We can balance your hormones and improve your nutrition so that you don’t have cramps anymore. Most women with cramps don’t imagine this is an option, but it is! [The same holds true for Hot Flashes: It's not about bio-identical hormones instead of conventional hormone replacement therapy. It's about cleaning up your insides and balancing your hormones (eminently doable via herbs, nutrients and nutrition, and homeopathics), so that your body no longer needs to "incinerate" toxins and other "sludge" that you used to eliminate through your menstrual period.]